The Holmes Jr. High Advanced Orchestra is preparing for the annual outreach field trip. It will take place on Friday, February 1, 2019 between 8:30 AM and 2:50 PM. Parent chaperones are needed for this trip!
The Advanced Orchestra will perform for students at North Davis and Birch Lane Elementary Schools. They will have the opportunity to mentor the elementary students by demonstrating their orchestral instruments and sharing their musical experiences. Below is the itinerary:
- 8:30 AM Assemble outside Holmes music room, with instruments and music
- 8:45 AM Depart Holmes on foot. (Instruments will go in a van.)
- 9:00-9:45 Arrive at North Davis Elementary (NDE); set-up and warm-up
- 9:45-10:20 NDE K-3rd grade concert
- 10:20-10:35 Break
- 10:35-11:10 NDE 4th-6th grade concert
- 11:10-11:55 Clean up; eat pizza lunch in park (provided by DHS-Holmes Orchestra Boosters)
- 11:55 PM Depart for Birch Lane Elementary (BLE)
- 12:30-12:45 Arrive at BLE; set-up and warm-up
- 12:45-1:20 BLE K-3rd grade concert
- 1:20-1:35 Break
- 1:35-2:10 BLE 4th-6th grade concert
- 2:10-2:25 Clean up; depart for Holmes; arrive at Holmes at 2:50 PM
Students should wear jeans, their black orchestra t-shirt, a jacket, and good walking shoes. Pizza and snacks will be provided for lunch. Instruments will be transported by vans, but students will walk. Please let Mr. Moreno know if your student cannot walk. We need to transport 41 violins, 11 violas, 14 cellos, and about 20 music stands. We need six parents who would volunteer to use their vans to help us transporting those instruments from site to site.Please indicate your availability on the attached form.
In addition, eight parent chaperones are needed to accompany the students on each walking portions of the trip. If you can chaperone any or all of these legs of the trip, please indicate your availability on the attached form as well. Fill out and return the attached Authorization permission form to Mr. Moreno no later than Tuesday, 22nd. If your child is unable to attend the trip, please indicate this on the permission form and turn it in so that we may keep track of attendance. If you have questions about this trip, please contact Mr. Moreno or the parent field trip coordinator Jin Xu.