Friday, September 21st is the final day to complete your Disneyland Tour Commitment Forms. I need every student in the program to complete this without delay so we can move our tour to the next step.
- Please complete the online “Commitment Form and Chaperone sign-up sheet.” We need a form returned from every student, even if you are not planning to participate on the trip. Please also use this form to (1) indicate the total amount you will be able to commit, and (2) let us know if you want to chaperone the trip (Parent chaperones will need to pay their own way for this trip. Estimated cost per chaperone is $600).
- If your student plans to join the tour, we are asking for your commitment to the trip with an initial non-refundable contribution of $100. Once you complete the online commitment form, you will receive a confirmation page; follow the link from the confirmation page to the DHS-Holmes Orchestras Store where you can pay for the $100 Student Contribution.
Orchestra Students and families,
This is an exciting announcement below about Capitol Public Radio highlighting student musicians in our schools around Sacramento. They have selected one of our finest chamber ensembles at Davis High to perform and be interviewed live Tue, Sept. 25 at 11 a.m. We look forward to listening to Sue bin Park-violin, Nina Martin- Cello, and Janet Liu- Piano. I will post pod cast and other details later.
CapRadio to host Student Musician Showcase Sept. 24-28
The Sacramento region boasts some of the finest music education programs in the country. Many of our local high schools turn out national award-winning groups and soloists year after year. During the week of September 24th, we’ll be spotlighting some of these outstanding young classical and jazz musicians from Folsom High School, Rio Americano High School, Davis High School and the Sacramento Youth Symphony, who will perform live in the CapRadio studios. Each day during our Student Musician Showcase Week we’ll get to know some of these talented youngsters and discover why they’re drawn to the music they play. Mark your calendar and be sure to tune in starting on September 24th.
- Monday, Sept. 24 at 8 p.m. – Jazz Trio from Rio Americano High
- Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 11 a.m. – Classical Piano Trio from Davis High
- Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 8 p.m. – Jazz Quintet from Folsom High
- Thursday, Sept. 27 at 3 p.m. – Classical String Quartet from the Sacramento Youth Symphony
CapRadio on-air hosts Kevin Doherty, Beth Ruyak, Victor Forman, Gary Vercelli and Devan Kortan will interview the student musicians, in between performances.
We will also be hosting segments featuring guests involved with music education and outreach including Julian Dixon, Senior Director, Community Engagement & Education at Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera and Ruth Rosenberg, Director of Arts Education and Artist Engagement at Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts, UC Davis
Full disclosure: The Student Music Showcase takes place during CapRadio Music’s Fall Fund Drive… which is absolutely appropriate! We’re raising funds to make classical music and jazz available and accessible to all, young and old, on the radio, online, and throughout the community as we support live performance and music education. Join us!
Hello All DHS Orchestra Parents,
It was nice to meet you all Wednesday night (September 12th). I appreciate your time, support, and all the great questions last night. Here is a link to all the documents I shared with you for your records. Reminder about the one calendar edit for this year; Wennberg Concert scheduled April 7th has been cancelled for DHS and Holmes Orchestras.
Thanks so much,
Looking forward to another excellent year together!
I am very excited about the development and the enormous support behind our new DHS-Holmes Orchestra Boosters non-profit organization. This group of forward thinking, supportive, resourceful and highly talented parents have one common connection; their appreciation for the musical excellence our orchestra programs represent, how student’s lives are being positively affected by their participation, and their want to support the future vision and goals for the DHS and Holmes Orchestra Programs.
DHS-Holmes Orchestra Boosters is recruiting members for this year. If you would like to be a part of the orchestra programs leadership, please click on the link below to check out the sign up genius for open committee coordinator positions for 2018-19 school year.
Please click here to see available volunteer positions for 2018-19 school year.
Thank you in advanced for your continued support,